Weekends are usually our time to stay around the house and catch up on the things we don’t have time to do during the week. I also cook breakfast and dinner on Saturdays.
The last few months we have been extremely busy with our new business and have spent most Saturdays there working and then stopping to eat on our way home.
I decided this weekend we were going to get back to our routine.
I saw this recipe in a Facebook video a few weeks ago, and decided to make my own version of it this weekend.
I was excited, because it is a low carb version of a hamburger.
Who doesn’t love a good juicy hamburger from the grill?
First, I cooked 4 slices of bacon in a skillet until crisp and placed them on a paper towel to cool.
While the grill was heating up, I took 1 pound of hamburger meat (80/20) and added some seasoned salt and garlic powder. Mixed well and formed 4 burgers.
I then drained a can of pineapple rings and cut a couple of onion slices.
Place the burgers on the grill and then the pineapple rings and onion slices.
Cook for 3-4 minutes – flip – cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
I took the pineapple and onion off the grill, covered the burgers with Muenster cheese slices and let melt.
Then assembled the burgers using the pineapple rings as the buns.
Two thumbs up on this one. We will be making these again this summer.
- 1 pound hamburger meat
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices cheese
- Pineapple Rings
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Place on a paper towel to cool.
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Place hamburger meat in a bowl. Add season salt, garlic powder and any other spices you like. Mix well and form 4 burger patties.
- Drain a can of pineapple rings.
- Cut two thick slices of the onion
- Place burgers, pineapple and onion on the grill.
- Cook 3 -4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pineapple and onion from grill.
- Cover burger patties with cheese slices and let melt.
- Remove burger patties from grill.
- Assemble your hamburger using the pineapple rings as the bun.