Meatloaf is one of the great comfort foods from childhood. Either you loved it or you hated, and no one ever made it quiet the way your mom did.
There are so many different recipes.
I got this recipe from my husband’s grandmother many years ago. It is one of my favorites. It is easy, I usually have all the ingredients on hand, and if you don’t have one ingredient, you can usually find a good substitute.
All you do is mix all the ingredients together, put them in a muffin tin, bake and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¾ cup oats – uncooked
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
- Mix well (the best way to mix it all up is with your hands)
- Fill each space of a 12 cupcake pan with the mixture
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Top with additional salsa and cheese
- Put back in the oven until the cheese melts
- Remove from the oven and remove meatloaf muffins from the pan
Steam some veggies and you’ve got a quick and easy meal, ready in under 30 minutes.
You can make any variation of this meatloaf that you can think of.
Italian – substitute Italian sausage for the ground beef and tomato or spaghetti sauce for the salsa
You can also use bread crumbs or cooked quinoa in place of the oats
These freeze very well for quick meals when you are crunched for time.